|Home » |
Fieldpiece SRL2K7 Infrared Refrigerant Leak Detector
Product Description Now, the most advanced leak detection technology on the market today. Works with all CFC, HFC and HCFC refrigerants on the market Long Life Expectancy Superior sensor sensitivity Fast 30 sec. warm up Automatic recalibration What's Included in the ABMK3 Blow-molded Case: Advanced IR Refrigeration Leak Detector 1- 9 inch flex extension (RRE2) 1-9 inch needle tip probe (RFE2) 1- Vehicle Charger (RCA2) 1- Wall Outlet Charger (RWA2) 10- Replacement Filters, 5- Replacement O-Rings (RFL2) Manual Quickstart Guide Advantages: Infrared Sensor- Made to last 10 years 8- Hour Battery Charge- Work all day on one charge Superior/Controlled Sensitivity- Find CFC, HFC, HCFC blend leaks down to 0.1 oz/year Three Sensitivity Levels- Meets new SAE standards Auto Re-Calibration- Senses change. Works in contaminated environments. Rugged/Ergonomic- Rugged boot fits naturally in your hand. And More: Audible/LED Bar Graph Indicators Sturdy, Non- Conductive Probe Peak Hold/Mute Buttons Magnetic Hanger Replacement Water-blocking Filters
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 5 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 5 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Quickly identifies leaksMay 26, 2013
By Jose F. Demoya
No problems using this detector. It will trigger falsely if moved suddenly, abruptly.
No false triggers with oils, liquids. Picked up leaks quickly for mr. Saved me lots of time.
Also, the detector sensor will last for a very long time.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
SRL2K7Sep 03, 2012
By Mike W.
The display has some green LEDs and they are impossible to see outside even on an overcast day, and Yellow LEDs you can barely see outside, the red ones are OK outside. It has a beeper but, if you are on a noisey rooftop leak finding will be difficult. The sensitivity adjustment seems faulty, the High/Med/Low all seems too sensitive. I am not happy.
GOOD Fieldpiece SRL2Jan 28, 2013
By Juan hinojosa
This Feildpiece is very good and helpful in my job of every day.I dont use it so often only when i need it.But i do recomend this Fieldpiece to anyone that is dedicated to air conditioning and refrigeration.
So far so good. Very happy with it.Dec 29, 2012
By Super tech
I bought this last week, and its proven very consistent at finding leaks. Espcially with different refrigerants. That I really like, saves time, no longer do I have introduce trace gas on newer systems.
1) The beeper is loud, certainly loud enough to be heard whilst working next to noisy rooftop units but I like the led's very good in dark areas or underground vaults or substations with poor light.
2) Speed. Now that I've learned how to use this thing I find leaks in about half the time compared to my old H-10 (the gold standard for r-22) and tif-zx(another very good detector).
NOTE you have to sweep the areas, don't hover or move too slow it won't work otherwise.
3) Car charger + accessories, spare buds, tips, o rings. Thank you field piece you saved me money down the line and a trip to buy spares.
4) Tough carrying case. This case is already dinged n scratched up from a little over a week in my service van. Other things bump into it, gets scratched when roped up onto a roof. Other detectors come in a soft bag or sleeve, definitely not suitable for everyday rough n tumble.
5) Multiple refrigerant compatible. It detects everything not just r-22 or a few blends.
6) Extension tip, already used this to reach into the back of an air handler's evaporator coil, whilst on top of a ladder stretched to my limit. This gave me the extra length to sweep the whole coil and not just 2/3 of it.
1) Price, it is expensive. By the time tax + shipping are added its almost $400.
2) Learning curve. Compared to heated diode detectors you'll have to retrain yourself to "sweep" not "linger".
3) Cut fingers, you need to hold it around 1/4-1/2" away from coils, I use my spare hand to steady the tip and keep the distance consistent.
Other than that this thing is great, I sat on the fence for a while before buying it, researched a ton of reviews and spoke to supply houses to see what the best detector was. If you've read this far and still haven't decided then its best you try it somehow before buying.
SRL 2 k7Nov 14, 2012
This is like some kind of a wudoo.it leads you directly to the leak.read instructions before using it.you need to read it to use it the right way .an unbelievable stuff.unbeatable stuff in comparison to mastercool products and other high end stuffs.
A genius invention .